Members of the Town of Altona team represent the community on a wide variety of committees and boards. From time to time, the Town of Altona Council will create working groups to address specific strategic goals, initiatives, or advocacy projects. These groups often include representatives of Council, from staff, and members of the community, and focus on a specific topic, reporting back to Council and the community on progress.
Community Development Priority (Belonging, Growing & Welcoming)
- Equal Access Altona
- A permanent sub-committee of Council including members of Council, staff and the community, working on preventing and removing barriers to access and ensuring that the Town of Altona Accessibility Plan is up to date.
- Truth and Reconciliation
- A sub-committee of Council dedicated to continuing our journey to truth and reconciliation, following the TRC Calls to Action
- Altona & Area Family Resource Centre
- Child Care Project
- An advocacy committee of Council, supporting childcare expansion in Altona
- South Central Regional Library
- Central Manitoba Tourism
- Altona & Area Immigration Coordinating Committee
- A committee dedicated to ensuring that newcomers to Altona and the surrounding area have the supports and resources needed to feel welcomed and at home.
- Pembina Valley Local Immigration Partnership
- Manitoba Sunflower Festival
- Outdoor Spaces
- A strategic priority sub-committee including members of Council and staff, currently focused on improving greenspaces and trails in the community.
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program
Economic Development Priority
- Altona & District Chamber of Commerce
- Business Growth Strategy
- A strategic priority sub-committee, including members of Council and staff, currently focused on the Industrial Park Expansion Project
- Community Futures Triple R
- Supporting Entrepreneurs through Economic Development (SEED)
Environmental Sustainability Priority
- Red River Basin Commission - South Chapter
- Pembina Valley Watershed District
- Pembina Valley Water Cooperative
- Climate Change Local Action Plan Implementation Steering Committee
- A sub-committee of Council including members of Council, staff and the community working towards the implementation of our Climate Change Local Action Plan.
Public Health & Safety Priority
- Altona Police Board
- Southern Health Altona & Area Stakeholders Group
- Altona & District Health Care Centre
- Community Health Advocacy
- An advocacy committee of Council, supporting a robust healthcare system in Altona
- Pembina Valley Reeves & Mayors
- RPGA Planning District
- Shared Services Committee
- A collaborative committee with members of the Town of Altona team and Rhineland Municipality team, addressing shared services and challenges.
- Morden Veterinary Services District Board