Camping season is from the May long weekend through October.
The Altona campground is located along the south border of the Buffalo Creek Nature Park, which is adjacent to Altona Centennial Park. With Altona’s many other attractions including the Aquatic Centre, Gallery in the Park, Oakview Golf course and shopping mall, it’s the perfect place to call home during the summer. Call the recreation office for site availability (204) 324-9005
*** Please note, the Aquatic Centre will be CLOSED for the 2020 season, due to a construction project ***
- Altona Aquatic Centre featuring 2 water slides and a Junior Olympic size pool, picnic areas and concession. *** CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON – CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ***
- All sites are serviced sites and include 30 amp electrical and water (Water service to campsites has been turned off as of Oct. 15, 2020)
- Washroom and shower facilities. ** As of Oct. 15, 2020 the Washroom facilities are closed for the season **
- Firewood available for sale (from the staff at the Recreation Office – 204-324-9005)
- Excellent playground facilities!
- Picnic Shelters available to reserve contact the Recreation office – 204-324-9005
- Free Wi-fi (Contact the Rec. office for password)
|Serviced Sites||$25 per night.|
|Unserviced Sites||$12 per night – “drop-in” only, and only on busy weekends. No Reservations accepted.|
*Stay 6 consecutive nights and get your 7th night free!
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Owners are responsible for clean-up of droppings. (Off-leash area North of the Millennium Exhibition Centre)
- Only one family allowed per site.
- Check-in time is 3 p.m.
- Check-out time is 1 p.m. The sites must be cleared at this time.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. Generators must be off during this time.
- Protect our trees, don’t move firewood.
- By phone: Call (204) 324-9005 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
- Online: Submit the reservation form below from April 7, 2020 to October 15, 2020 Requests will be processed within 2 business days.
- Online Reservation Request Form
- *After October 15, 2020 Please call the Recreation Office to make campground arrangements
- From July 1 through September long week-end, all non-holiday week-end bookings are charged a minimum of 2 nights, all holiday week-ends are charged a minimum of 3 nights
- On arrival, please check in at the Recreation Office – 227-10th Ave. NW, open Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- For week-nights and non-holiday weekends, notice must be given 72 hours prior to check-in time for full refund, less the reservation fee. Campers will be charged fees for one night if they give less than 72 hours notice.
- If cancelling on the day of the reservation, no refunds are given
- For holiday weekends (Canada day wknd, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day wknd), notice must be given 7 days prior to check-in time for full refund, less the reservation fee. Campers will be charged fees for the full wknd if they give less than 7 days notice.
- For group bookings of 5 sites or more, 30 days cancellation notice must be given for any refund, less the reservation fee.