Sunflower Gardens Ice Surface
The Sunflower Gardens Arena will opened for the 2019/2020 season on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
The MEC Office hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday – Friday
The Sunflower Gardens is NHL regulation size space used all year round. Located inside the Millennium Exhibition Centre, Sunflower Gardens hosts hockey games, figure skating competitions, and many tournaments throughout winter. In the off season it serves as a space for large concerts, car shows, agriculture shows and seminars.
PLEASE CALL THE REC OFFICE FOR BOOKINGS 204-324-9005. Or email Eric Hildebrand at firstname.lastname@example.org – For inquires/rentals outside of the Rec. office hours, please call the arena at 204-324-6973.
- Free public skating
- Seating for up to 2,200 people in a concert setting
- Heated seating for up to 1,500 people during ice season
- Second story viewing
Ice Rental Rates for 2019/2020 season
- Minor hockey – $94.00 per hour
- Figure skating – $85.50 per hour
- Groups under 18 years old – $85.50 per hour
- Recreation leagues – $130.00 per hour
- Miller Aces (practices and games) – $124.50 per hour
- Altona Maroons practices – $149.50 per hour
- Altona Maroons games – $175.00 per hour
- Adult shinny – $5.00 per person
- Occasional rentals – $130.00 per hour
25% off regular rates on weekday ice rentals between 7:00am and 3:30pm
25% off regular rates Monday through Thursday after 10:30pm
Ice-out Season Rentals
- Ice arena area per day (GST applicable) – $315.00
- Parking lot per day (GST applicable) – $35.00
Public Free Skate
FREE public skating is provided by local organizations. Thank you to our community sponsors Altona Elks B.P.O. 447, B.S.I. Insurance – Altona Branch, Derksen Trucking Ltd., and Winner Circle Automotive for making this possible.
Regular public skate hours are:
Wednesdays from 7 – 8 pm • Fridays from 6:45 – 7:45pm • Sundays from 1 – 3 pm. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE for the current arena schedule. On occasion, public skating hours are adjusted due to hockey tournaments and games. On school closure days there is usually extra public skating in the afternoon as well.