Millennium Exhibition Centre
Pandemic Response System: Restricted
The Millennium Exhibition Centre office is open to visitors, and more information about indoor programming options is coming soon.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Masks that cover the nose, mouth and chin without gapping will be required for the public to enter the Millennium Exhibition Centre as of October 19, 2020. This decision was made as a measure to keep staff and the community safe while keeping facilities open to the public. This decision also aligns with the policies put in place by our major user groups.
Face masks must be worn over the mouth, nose and chin at all times with the following exemptions:
- Children under the age of five
- Individuals with medical conditions preventing them from safely wearing a mask
- Individuals who are unable to put on or take off a mask without assistance
Visitors to the facilities are permitted to temporarily remove their mask if they are:
- Receiving a service that requires removal of their mask
- Actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity (e.g.: on the ice surface, running on the indoor track, participating in a fitness program)
- Consuming food or drink
- Needing to remove it for an emergency or medical purpose
- Establishing their identity
- Town staff who are working alone in a space with restricted access, such as a private office or open workspace with appropriate physical distancing measures in place, or travelling alone in a Town vehicle
This centre is a state of the art 75,000 sq. ft. multi-use recreation facility. Main features include:
- Sunflower Gardens Arena – An NHL regulation-size ice rink with seating for over 700
- Running/walking track – Closed daily at 9pm for sanitization. Closed for Programming Monday & Wednesday at 7pm; Tuesday & Friday from 9:00am – 10:30 am
- Short court facility – Currently Closed due to COVID-19
- Curling – 4-sheet rink with both ice level and second level viewing as well as a lounge.
- Meeting Facilities – Including rooms, concession areas, kitchen facilities and banquet seating for more than 400.
- Community Centre Area – Includes large open area, indoor play-land, mini-hockey rink, floor curling & shuffleboard
The facility is a central gathering place for the community and hosts many events such as hockey tournaments, curling bonspiels, banquets, socials, weddings, recreation programs, meetings, craft facilities, and a place to get together with friends and family. It can also accommodate large trade shows and conventions.
Recreation Office – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Millennium Exhibition Centre – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday) (April – September); 7:00 a.m. – midnight, everyday (October – March)
MEC Rental Agreement 2019