Town of Altona Response to COVID-19
The Town of Altona is taking proactive measures to help reduce the impact of COVID-19. This includes:
- Freezing municipal taxes for 2020
- Suspending all recreation programs
- Closure of indoor recreation spaces such as the Millennium Exhibition Centre
- Outdoor recreation facilities such as the Bridge Skate Park, playgrounds, tennis and basketball courts, baseball diamonds, warm-up shelters, and public washrooms are scheduled to re-open with precautions in place on May 8th, 2020.
- The Administration Office in the Civic Centre, and the Recreation Office in the Millennium Exhibition Centre have re-opened to the public. Residents are reminded that most or all of our services can be accessed online or over the phone, and to avoid coming into the office unless necessary. Please call us at 204-324-6468 or 204-324-9005 for the Recreation Office.
All of these steps are in place to ensure the safety of our community, our staff, and the protection of essential services. We will continue to be hard at work delivering essential services such as protective services, clean water, wastewater treatment and many others, and keeping you informed. The Town of Altona encourages you to practice excellent hygiene, physical distancing, and find new ways to connect with your community. Physical distancing does not need to mean loneliness. As we work together to flatten the curve and slow down the spread of COVID-19, call your neighbours, chat with your friends virtually, and find new ways to socialize while maintaining distance.