The Blue Sky Opportunities of Altona is responsible for the collection of recyclable materials. Collection days as of May 23rd, 2017 will be the same days as garbage pickup. In the case of a snowstorm, the recycling will be picked up the next day. Call Blue Sky Opportunities at 324-8022 for more information.
The Town of Altona requests that you recycle the following items by putting them out on the curb in the appropriate manner.
Please note the following changes to the recycling program:
NO BLUE BAGS: Please place all recyclables in the carts or any other reusable container. BLUE OR CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS will NO LONGER be accepted.
NO LIDS: Please remove lids from ALL containers.
NO SORTING: No need to separate recyclables. Blue Sky Opportunities will sort all materials at their new facility!
Recyclable Materials Recyclable Items Poster
- Phone Books
- Kraft, Bond or Computer paper
- Milk Cartons (clean, dry, flattened)
- Tetra packs (juice boxes)
- Plastic containers
- Boxboard (cereal, shoe or toy boxes, etc.)
- Cardboard (clean)
- Plastic grocery bags
Not Recyclable – Nonrecyclable Items Poster
- Paper that has been wet or soiled
- Carbon paper
- Sugar bags, etc.
- Staples, gummed labels, tape, etc
- Window glass
- Egg cartons
All glass, aluminum, plastic and steel containers must be rinsed and have labels removed. All containers except for glass can be flattened or squashed, glass containers must be intact. The Blue Recycling Carts is to be left in your home if you move. The new recycling carts are the property of the Town of Altona and must stay with the property they have been assigned to.
Blue Sky Opportunities E-Waste Program
Blue Sky Opportunities will accept the following materials from residential sources only:
- Computer monitors (CRT and flat panel display types)
- Desktop computers (CPU’s, hard drives, mice, keyboards and cables)
- Desktop printers
- DVD players/VCR’s/Stereos
- Phones/cell phones
- Scanners/copiers/fax machines
- Rechargeable batteries
To drop off E-Waste:
- Items dropped off must be recorded
- All items must have been stored indoors
- Items must be dropped off during specified E-Waste office hours
- Drop off items at #349 2nd Street NW
- Office hours are Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For more information call (204) 324-8022.
The used oil recycling depot is located at the Town of Altona/Municipality of Rhineland Waste Disposal Site. Please bring used oil, oil filters or containers to this depot for recycling. For more information call (204) 324-1379.
Recycling Every Week Flyer (PDF)
Recycling Calendar 2017 (PDF)
Recycling Calendar 2016 (PDF)