Interested in running for Town Council?
Municipal elections will be held on October 24th, 2018. If you are interested in running for the Town Council or would like more information on what is involved in being the Mayor or Councillor before making a decision? Come and join us on June 20th, 2018.
The session will be held in the Town of Altona Council Chambers located at 111 Centre Avenue starting at 7:00 p.m.
The session is expected to last an hour and a half and will provide information on many topics including:
- Terminology (Act, By-law, Resolutions, etc)
- Information about the Town of Altona and how it operates
- Overview of legislation
- Roles of Mayor, Council, CAO/Administration
- How Council gives Administration direction
- Committees, meetings and time commitments
- Election financing rules
Walk-ins are welcome but for planning purposes it would be appreciated if those interested in attending would pre-register by contacting the Town of Altona Administration Office at 204 324 6468 or mailto:email@example.com.