- This event has passed.
NE Corner: Spring Clean-Up
May 8, 2019 @ 7:00 am
Please place items at the curb by 7 am on your designated day, sorted into separate bundles or containers, i.e. wood, steel, branches or garbage. Small scraps should be placed in boxes or bags. Mixed loads will not be picked up.
The following items will not be picked up:
- E-Waste including Microwave ovens, TV’s, Computers, etc. (instead, take directly to Blue Sky Opportunities)
- Paper, plastics, cans, glass containers, etc. that are normally recycled.
- Fluorescent light tubes (instead, drop off at Sun Valley Co-op)
- Grass clippings, leaves and compost material (instead, set out for regular Curbside Compost Service)
- Appliances that use refrigerant such as freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
- Household hazardous waste including Antifreeze, Oil Solvents, Large or small propane tanks, pesticide containers/sprayers (full or empty), batteries and paint, paint cans, & painting accessories (paint depot located at Sun Valley Co-op)
- Any construction material generated by contractors and/or renovations
The Town of Altona Public Works can refuse and/or limit amount picked up. (unsorted, unsanitary, or excessive amounts)
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at 204-324-6439