Prevention and Intervention: An Examination of Community Mobilization Responses to Crime is a study being done that includes information about Altona’s community mobilization initiative, the CommUNITY Support Team.
Learn more about participating in this study by viewing the embedded PDF or downloading the PDF below
The drought state of emergency has been lifted due to the amount of precipitation received and the elevated river flows. The Red River level is 14 inches higher than it was at the end of June.
The Pembina Valley Water Cooperative will continue to monitor the situation throughout the winter and into next spring to ensure that adequate water supply is maintained, and individual municipalities will continue to issue their own levels of restriction.
What does this mean for outdoor water use in Altona?
We are now moving from stage three to stage two under our water conservation bylaw. Tap through the list below to learn how to conserve water under this level of restriction.
Thank you for your continued efforts to conserve water and protect our water supply.
The Town of Altona is accepting applications for the position of Citizen at Large to serve on the Altona Police Board.
- must be at least 18 years of age:
- must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident:
- must reside in, be employed in, or have a business interest in, the Town of Altona.
The following are attributes that are considered important for members to effectively contribute to the Board. While not all potential members need to possess all of these attributes, the Board strives to ensure they are all represented by the group.
- Service to the community – a willingness to serve the community, actively contributing through volunteerism or other activities.
- Community-oriented – conscious of the community’s needs, values and expectations and considerate of the community’s best interests when making governance decisions.
- Board experience – demonstrated experience serving on community or corporate boards of directors and understanding of the governance role.
- Strategic thinking – ability to actively contribute to developing long term strategic plans for the Altona Police Service.
- Integrity – a demonstrated record of professionalism, discretion and good judgment.
- Financial literacy – basic financial literacy to participate in budget discussions and to understand how decisions affect Altona Police Service resources.
- Availability – willingness and ability to commit the time necessary to prepare and participate in meetings.
- Compatibility – ability to develop strong working relationships with others and to share an interest in community safety and effective policing.
- Education – an interest in learning and reading with an ability to critically evaluate it and participate in discussions.
The selected applicant will be subject to a comprehensive background check. Remuneration is based on an hourly amount, and will be by way of honorarium.
Persons interested may drop off a letter and resume detailing their interest and relevant experience at the Altona Town Administration Office at 111 Centre Avenue from Monday through Friday from 8:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m, or by email at email@example.com
The application deadline is November 19, 2021.