2021 Board of Revision
The 2021 Real Property, Personal Property and Business Property Assessment Rolls have been deposited in the Office of the Clerk at 111 Centre Avenue East (Town of Altona Civic Centre) and will be open for inspection by any person(s) during regular office hours.
The Board of Revision will sit at the Altona Curling Club Lounge of the Town of Altona located at the Millennium Exhibition Centre 227 10th Avenue NW in Altona on Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 at 6:00 P.M. for the purpose of revising the Assessment Rolls of the Town of Altona.
Complaints against any of the above noted assessments must be received by the Secretary of the Board by Monday, September 28th, 2020 and may be made as follows:
Application for revision:
42(1) A person in whose name property has been assessed, a mortgagee in possession of property under subsection 114(1) of The Real Property Act, an occupier of premises who is required under the terms of a lease to pay the taxes on the property, or the assessor may make application for the revision of an assessment roll with respect to the following matters:
- (a) liability to taxation
- (b) amount of an assessed value;
- (c) classification of property;
- (d) a refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll under subsection 13(2).
43(1) An application for revision must:
- (a) be made in writing;
- (b) set out the roll number and legal description of the assessable property for which a revision is sought;
- (c) set out which of the matters referred to in subsection 42(1) are at issue, and the grounds for each of those matters; and
- (d) be filed by: (i) delivering it or causing it to be delivered to the office indicated in the public notice given under subsection 41(2), or (ii) serving it upon the secretary, at least 15 days before the scheduled sitting date of the board (no later than September 28th, 2020) as indicated in the public notice.
Terry Fehr, Secretary
Board of Revision for the Town of Altona